Wednesday, November 2, 2011

That Awkward Moment when you forget one of your Best Friend's Birthday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMERON!

In honor of your birthday, I'll tell a story about us.

Ahem.
Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess named Bridget and a charming prince named Cameron. This was a mere coincidence and neither of them have anything to do with this story.

Cam's one of my more athletic friends so over the summer he called me up and asked me if I wanted to bike to the beach with him. I told him that I think he had more faith in my athletic abilities since the beach is about 8 miles from my house. But I told him I'd go.
Cam said he'd start biking over to my house right away. I was still in my pajamas so I had to find some workout clothes and eat something. I ended up only shoving a rice krispies treat down my throat before the doorbell rang.
And then we were off!

It soon became evident that we weren't going to make it to the beach.
The street that I live off of has this slight hill. While going up it, Cam turned around (thankfully he had decided to take the lead) and said, "Um....how about we just bike to my house, grab some tennis rackets, and we can just play tennis?"
Far more my speed. So I'm doing fine while biking to Cam's house (it's about 2 miles away). We throw our bikes in his driveway and that's when things start to go wrong.
At first I was just getting kinda dizzy. I thought maybe it was just my legs adjusting to walking again. But then my vision started getting dark. I figured that was because we were inside after being in the bright sun for so long. It was only when my stomach lurched did I realize what was happening.

This entire time, Cam has been chatting away, grabbing tennis rackets, getting me some water. And I've been sitting at his kitchen counter, trying not to throw up.
Cam hands me the water bottle and I look up at him and say, "Um...I don't think I can do this..." and Cam looks at me concerned and say, "What?" "I think I'm gonna throw up...Where's your bathroom?" Cam only has time to point to a doorway down the hall as I run in there.
While throwing up, I hear Cam's phone ring. So poor Cam has to listen to me throw up the rice krispies treat while talking to the woman he babysits for.
When I came out of the bathroom, pale as fuck and gross looking, Cam is already waiting for me with a water bottle and a wet towel that he proceeds to put on my forehead.

And that's why he's one of my best friends.
Well that and the fact that we were both able to laugh bout it afterwards.





No comments:

Post a Comment