Friday, October 28, 2011

Adventures at the Village!

I work at a place called the Village at Duxbury. I serve food to 'high income elderly residents'.
I am a waitress for old, rich people.
Most people would think that this sounds like the most boring job in he world. Yet you forget that old people tend to say the strangest/greatest things.


I walk over to my table and say, "How was your dinner tonight?"
Woman- Oh dinner was lovely, thank you!
Man- Well aside from my wife's nagging, I'd say that dinner went well
Me- Uhh....
Woman- What did you just say?!
Man- I'm not talking to you! I'm talking to this nice lady!
Me- I'll be back with your desserts....


I was clearing my table of dinner and one of the women turned to me and said, "Are you Harry Potter's sister?"
Me- Um, come again?
Woman- Are you Harry Potter's sister? You look just like him.
Me- I do?
Woman- Yes! You've got the glasses and everything
Note- I have brown hair, but that's where the similarities between myself and Harry Potter end. I also wear black and purple glasses that look nothing like Harry Potter's

Me- Oh...well sorry to say, but I'm not Harry Potter's sister.
Woman- That's a shame...


This is story is actually from my friend who said she overheard her table having this conversation
Woman 1- I love this bread, I wish I could take it home with me
Woman 2- I thought you could. They don't let us do anything anymore!
Woman 1- I know, and it's such a shame because I love this bread.
Woman 2- You could put it down your shirt.
Woman 1-...Do you think I should?
Woman 2- Do it! Do it! (While Woman 1 puts pieces of bread down her shirt) You're so hardcore!

No comments:

Post a Comment